Friday, October 21, 2016

A New Beginning...and an Ending.

25 Years of History and Change
Its been a long time since I wrote in this Blog. Maybe its time to start writing again. I've been journaling for the last two weeks and I am really liking what I am starting to find our about myself. The past 9 months have been a time of reflection, change, and an awakening as Staci and I try to discover what the Lord has in store for me. We want to let you know It is with a full heart and clear soul that we are moving off of Young Life Staff as the Area Director for Bellingham. My everyday 'duties' as the AD for Bellingham are complete, however my contract with YL will continue through December. I will be available to them in various 'roles' as we strive to finish well for a ministry I love and for a mission that I strongly believe. In the list of reasons for my departure there is nothing that is negative; there wasn't anything I did wrong, YL didn't do anything to hasten our departure, Steve Blacksmith, our Regional Director, was amazing, and our Bellingham YL staff and volunteers were very supportive. Steve Blacksmith has been instrumental in walking with us through this decision and confirming what we heard as well. In the last 9 months since our Western Washington Region split we (Staci & I) have gently heard the whisper of the Lord release us from the privilege of being the AD for Bellingham. For us that me that means we needed to know that Bellingham YL has received the best of our time and effort and that we would also be leaving Bellingham with a full cupboard of funds, donors, leaders, staff, and committee. It is not a decision that we take lightly yet it is a decision that we feel confident moving forward into what is 'Next!' We are not planning on moving from bellingham as Emma is in her Senior year and Joel just started high school As the transition to 'What's Next' starts we wonder about the future. We are sure that it will be very meaningful for our family as well as for our faith as we journey into the unknown. One of my favorite quotes reminds me of where I need to put my faith: "We aren't sure of what the future holds but we are sure of who holds the future." - Martin Luther Thank you for your friendship and love of the Zenonians. If you would like to contact me please feel free to email me at zenonianloran@gmail.com I would love to speak to you or if possible have a great cup of coffee and talk about this and so many other things in your life. God's Best, Loran, Staci, Emma, Meghann, and Joel!

2 comments: